New VofV Podcast Episode – Leveraging Military Expertise to Grow a Startup
Posted on November 09, 2021 08:21 AM by WGCIT
As a the first female aviator ever selected to serve with the Blue Angels, Amy Tomlinson is a pro at going 0 to 150 miles per hour in under 3 seconds – both literally and figuratively. After serving in the navy for 20 years as a weapons systems officer, she traded in her F-14 Tomcat and F/A-18 Super Hornet for microgrids. Yes, you heard right – microgirds. Amy is now a self-proclaimed “energy nerd” for agtech startup Concentric Power.
In this special Veterans Day episode of Voices of the Valley, Amy reveals how to apply key learnings from military service—such as the “brief-fly-debrief approach” and breaking out of the box to seize every opportunity—to build a thriving company that offers sustainable energy systems to the agriculture industry. NOTE: This podcast episode originally aired on June 1, 2021, but is being featured again in honor of Veterans Day 2021.
Listen to Amy’s episode and subscribe to the Voices of the Valley podcast in several ways:
- Listen on Anchor.fm: https://anchor.fm/voicesofthevalley
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/5Tc1h17nJVsSELyVdRc982
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/voices-of-the-valley/id1390019017
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5zb3VuZGNsb3VkLmNvbS91c2Vycy9zb3VuZGNsb3VkOnVzZXJzOjQ1MzcwODA2My9zb3VuZHMucnNz
- RadioPublic: https://radiopublic.com/voices-of-the-valley-6V45pm
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=654171
Visit the Concentric Power to learn more about microgrids and the effort to build clean power infrastructure that supports sustainable industry throughout North America.
The Voices of the Valley Podcast is hosted by Western Growers Center for Innovation & Technology. To learn more about the Voices of the Valley podcast or to be featured as a guest, contact Dennis Donohue at email@example.com.