Six Things you Didn’t Know about the Design of the Western Growers Center for Innovation & Technology
Posted on July 27, 2018 08:40 AM by elyons
- The WGCIT was designed specifically with collaboration and idea generation in mind.
- Furniture manufacturer Steelcase helped Western Growers design a furniture layout that is extremely fluid and allows the WGCIT space to be used for a multitude of diverse functions.
- There is an informal common-space for residents to hold impromptu meetings, complete with a couch, laptop connectors, rolling white boards and a presentation screen.
- Vibrant orange dividers make the space feel warm, while igniting creativity and productivity.
- The WGCIT Conference Room is open and filled with natural light, and can host everything from live groups to virtual, international meetings.
- Originally, the space was designed to accommodate as many as 36 startups. As the WGCIT has grown to nearly 50 companies, the space continues to be flexible and versatile.