New VofV Podcast Episode – When NASA and Farming Collide
Posted on January 11, 2022 11:51 AM by WGCIT
Explore the intersection of space tech and agtech in the newest episode of Voices of the Valley as Neill Callis—an aerospace engineer turned farmer—delves deep into the issues farmers are grappling with most (think, intense regulations and lack of water and labor) and what tech is on the horizon to solve those problems.
Neill, who currently serves as general manager at Turlock Fruit Company, covers everything from solar-powered reverse osmosis systems to optical sorting and desalination. Using insight from his 17-year career at NASA, Neill also provides context to how agtech can be developed faster to help farmers face the headwinds of labor and regulation that batter the industry as well as the automation that ultimately offers a path to keep farms in the United States.
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO NEILL'S EPISODE. Also, listeners can subscribe to the Voices of the Valley podcast and hear all episodes in several ways:
- Listen on Anchor.fm: https://anchor.fm/voicesofthevalley
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/5Tc1h17nJVsSELyVdRc982
- Apple Podcasts: https://bit.ly/VofVApple
- Google Podcasts: https://bit.ly/VofVGoogle
- RadioPublic: https://radiopublic.com/voices-of-the-valley-6V45pm
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=654171
The Voices of the Valley Podcast is hosted by Western Growers Center for Innovation & Technology. To learn more about the Voices of the Valley podcast or to be featured as a guest, contact Dennis Donohue at firstname.lastname@example.org.